Knife Storage Diversified Options
For storing a Damascus Steel Knife, one can make use of a diversified number of storage options. You can use a wooden knife block, magnetic strip, a knife drawer or a knife roll. These are the suitable options for you but these storage options come with good and bad aspects at the same time. They have pros and cons both at their end.
Here you will get the illustrated information that how Damascus Custom Knives can be stored properly and perfectly and which option to go for!
Storing Knives in a Wooden knife block
- If you have chosen the wooden knife block category for storing your knives, then the positive side of this option is that it will keep your knives in a tidy and organized form. Your knives will remain well organized at one place and no clumsiness will be there. Your knife-sharp edges will be retained and maintained. You will see no damage on your knife edges. Choosing a wooden knife block, it means your knives will remain protected from any accidental situations. This wooden block store your knife blades exactly within the block. This option is used to store all kinds and types of knives.
- The drawback side of this option is that the vertical knife slots may put a little bit of more pressure on knife blades. You might face difficulty while cleaning the holes from inside and this may increase the unhygienic situation.
Keeping Your Knives in a Magnetic strip
- If using a magnetic strip, then this suggestion does offer pros and positive points. This magnetic trip suggestion will make you easily access your knives. Placing your knives in this strip, it means that will not rub all against each other. Your knives will remain safer and protected off the counter.
- But every good side has a bad side as well. So, how this magnetic strip encompasses drawback aspects in it, we will tell you. Choosing this storage option, it means you are putting pressure on your knife while you will remove it from that strip. It is an unsuitable choice if you want to store ceramic knives. This strip exposes the knife blades, therefore, it is essential for you to carefully remove the knife from the strip. It is also because of the weak magnetic strips that your knives may fall and potentially break down.
Storing a knife in a knife drawer
- How about keeping your knives in a knife drawer, this choice selection is going to hide away all your knives from view. No clutter will come on your kitchen countertop.
- On the other side, the negative aspect of this choice is that keeping knives in a loose drawer form, this will let your knives knock together and they will ultimately become damaged. Storing knives all in a loose form cause accidents to the blades.
Keeping a Drawer which comes with knife storage slots
- You can set a drawer for yourself which comes with the presence of knife storage slots. This decision will keep your knives completely out of sight. These slots easily prevent knives from becoming damaged.
- The disappointing aspect of this option is that pre-formed slots may not get properly fit in terms of your selection of knives. Your knives may become rough and dull if you are going to store them with the blade position facing all downwards.
The last option is to use a knife roll. Knife roll shall keep your knives safely stored. It is a handy option if the person wants to transport knives from one place to another. The con side is to be remembered as well, this option is hence inconvenient for daily use.